It’s bound to happen. You go about your day…everyday. Things become routine. You do the same thing day in and day out for clients.
Then one day you wake up and the fun is just gone. The spark of running your business has fizzled out.
What do you do? You could always go back to a 9-5…NOT!!
Like a relationship, your business needs constant love and attention. You need to fall in love with it again from time to time to keep the juices flowing.
Sometimes you just need to get away for a bit. Sometimes you need a whole new sense of direction.
Here are a few tips to help you get started putting the spark back in your biz.
- Meditate. Believe it or not, when I can’t get motivated to work, I meditate. Well it’s more like sitting there with my eyes and wondering how much time has passed, but there’s something to be said about sitting still just for a couple of minutes and just breathing.
- Take a personal day. Go out. Get a manicure or a new do. Go shopping. Whatever it is…get out of the house and away from your computer.
- Get creative! I used to change my hair all the time because I’d get bored with it. When I get bored with business, I change my business. I take a new course. Learn a new skill. Something to get my creative juices flowing again.
- Update your website. I love messing with my website. (My VA hates it though LOL) So when I start feeling boredom kick in, I start tweaking my website.
- Remember your why. What got you started on this journey? Has it changed? Is it time to write a new why?
- Delegate. If you are able, start delegating those things you just don’t want to do anymore.
When your business loses its luster, it doesn’t mean it’s over. It means you need to get creative and find out how to put the spark back in your office romance.
Have any tips to add? Share them in the comments below.