I don’t talk about self care as often as I should.
I cannot stress enough how important it is that we take care of ourselves first, above everyone else.
It feels selfish. Women especially have it ingrained into our DNA that we come last.
I’m not just talking about getting your hair and nails done.
I’m talking about mind, body and spirit. These 3 areas that make our whole. These ares that need to be nurtured and cared for every single day.
If you neglect your body and get sick…who takes care of your clients, your family?
When you experience burn out and spiritual fatigue, it shows in every aspect of your life.
If you don’t nourish your mind it shuts down.
The most successful people on the planet start every day with a self care routine. They exercise. They meditate. They pray. Whatever works for them.
They nourish their minds with education. They nourish their bodies with healthy food. They create a balance in their lives for each aspect and they work hard to keep that balance.
When I look at my most successful times in my world, I have balance. I am putting myself first and in doing so I am far more able to care for others and grow my business than when I don’t.
I let myself get derailed in the past few weeks.
I’ve filled my body with that poison called sugar. I stopped training every day. I stopped meditating.
And it shows. It shows in so many ways.
As I sit here and reflect upon the past few weeks it has become increasingly clear that my self care train has been thrown off its tracks.
And that’s ok. Why? Because it’s a growth experience. It’s a reminder of what I need to do for me in order to take care of my family, my clients, my team and my followers.
I’m recommitting to putting myself first.
I’m putting it out there so you can hold me accountable.
1. I will remove sugar from my life.
2. I will remove caffeine from my diet.
3. I will nourish my body with wholesome, natural, plant based foods.
4. I will train my body every day.
5. I will meditate each morning before starting my day.
6. I will commit to reading mind building books every day.
7. I will spend more time outside where I flourish.
8. I will stop work at my normal time and spend more time with my family.
9. I will laugh more and worry less.
10. I will love with all I have.
Those are my commitments to myself.
If you’re willing, I’d love for you to share yours.